The Elsie Hillman Chair in Women and Politics to host Soledad O’Brien

Soledad O’Brien. Photo provided by the Pennsylvania Center for Women and Politics.

The Elsie Hillman Chair in Women and Politics has had a long history of bringing in speakers to Chatham University. This year, award-winning journalist and host of “Matter of Fact,” Soledad O’Brien was selected as the Chair.

“The purpose of the Chair is to bring nationally renowned political leaders, scholars and activists to Chatham University and the Pittsburgh community to enrich the experiences of students and educate citizens about the role of women in the political process,” Pennsylvania for Women and Politics website says.

O’Brien will be speaking to students at 4 p.m. in the Kresge Atrium in Buhl Hall. She will follow that with a session open to the public at 6 p.m. in the Campbell Memorial Chapel.

In these sessions, O’Brien will reflect on her time as a journalist, and share the importance of giving voice to marginalized communities on a national stage.

O’Brien has worked for NBC, CNN and HBO and has reported specials for Fox, BET, A&E and PBS NewsHour throughout her career in media.

She now runs Soledad O’Brien Productions which produces television and films aimed at continuing the dialogue she championed throughout her career.

Students can register for the 4 p.m. session on the Happenings page on my.chatham or click the link here.