Chatham Cougars finish 2014 volleyball and soccer seasons

Chatham’s soccer and volleyball seasons finished on November 1 and October 30 respectively. Neither team had winning records, but both displayed great performances regardless.

The Chatham soccer team played a total of 18 games from August 29 through November 1, finishing the season with a record of three wins, 15 losses, and no tied games.

All three wins were won at home, making the home record 3-7-0, while the away record was 0-6-0, and games played on neutral territory were 0-2-0. The team attempted nine conference games, but was not able to take home a win at any of them.

The team showed great skill with their offensive players, who averaged a little over one goal per game, as well as averaging 167 shots per game, 99 of those being shots on goal.

Senior Liz Sawyer shone this season as the team’s goalkeeper. Sawyer faced 380 shots and saved 164 of those, bringing her save percentage to .701.

First year Megan Sieg was the team’s shots-on-goal leader, with 43 throughout the season. Sieg played 1631 minutes, and totaled 27 points during the season.

The Chatham volleyball team played at total of 26 games from September 3 through October 30, finishing the season with a record of zero wins and 26 losses.

While the team finished the season with a disappointing record, the Cougars can boast of their team dynamic, always displaying excellent communication, spirit, and sportsmanship.

First year setter, McKenna Gamble, led the Cougars in assists, with a total of 163 during the short season, a staggering number considering the overall number of assists during the season was 180.

Sophomore outside hitter Heathir McIntyre finished off the season with an amazing 219 digs for the team. McIntyre contributed over one-fourth of the 814 digs overall during the season.

The team finished the season with a total of 829 points.

While both teams may have been disappointed by the outcome of their respective seasons, the Cougars have a lot to be proud of, as they displayed wonderful teamwork and effort overall.