Police Blotter: Incidents reported at Chatham University, Feb. 18 – March 3

Police Blotter: Incidents reported at Chatham University, Feb. 18 - March 3

6 p.m. Feb. 18 – Officers spoke to a student about an incident that occurred off campus. The student reported the incident to the Pittsburgh Police and wanted no further action from the Chatham University Police. The incident involved a suspicious vehicle at Shady and Highland avenues.

8:15 p.m. Feb. 18 – Officers received a call for shots fired near Graham Field. A team practicing could hear what sounded like shots being fired in the area. The team moved into the locker room, and the gate was secured. Chatham Police, along with Wilkinsburg Police, checked the area with nothing found. 

1:30 a.m. Feb. 19 – Officers noticed a vehicle crash on Woodland Road Bridge. Drivers exchanged information, and no one was injured. 

7 p.m. Feb. 19 – Officers noticed damage to the driving gate at Graham Field. A report was taken. 

2:25 p.m. Feb. 20 – Officers received a call for what sounded like shots being fired near Graham Field. Players were in the locker room, and the gate was locked.  Chatham and Wilkinsburg police responded, with nothing found.

2:55 p.m. Feb. 21 – Officers received a call for a student who fell on the side of Buhl Hall. The student was injured and transported to the hospital by Pittsburgh medics. 

1 p.m. Feb. 22 – Officers assisted other police departments with serving documents on campus. 

11:15 p.m. Feb. 24 – Officers received a call to assist with a sick student returning to campus on a bus from an athletic event. Officers notified Pittsburgh medics, who responded and transported the student to the hospital.

8:20 p.m. Feb. 26 – Officers responded to Fickes Hall for a sick student. The student was transported to the hospital by Pittsburgh medics.

7:40 a.m. March 3 – Officers responded to the Athletic and Fitness Center for a minor vehicle and golf cart accident. A Chatham golf cart bumped another vehicle, causing minor damage. Officers took a report.

*Source: Chatham University Public Safety