Election day arrives at Chatham University

A fabric sign pitched by the Woodland Stairs urges students to vote on Nov. 8, 2022. Photo Credit: Lilly Kubit

Tuesday, Nov. 7 marks election day in Pittsburgh, and registered Chatham University students can vote in the Welker Room in Laughlin Music Hall until 8 p.m.

For students who are voting by mail in Pennsylvania, mail-in and absentee ballots must be received by your county’s election office by 8 p.m., and anyone who is waiting in line by 8 p.m. will be allowed to vote. For Allegheny County voters who want to drop their mail-in ballot off in person, the location is at the County Office building at 542 Forbes Ave, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania 15219.

View the map below for nearby United States Postal Service drop boxes near the Shadyside campus.

Map of United States Postal Service mailboxes.

Click this link to learn more about your state’s absentee voting regulations.

The Pennslyvania Center for Women and Politics will be holding a post-election analysis panel on Nov. 14, from 10-11:15 a.m. in Room 301 of Coolidge Hall.

Key Allegheny County elections

District Attorney: Republican Incumbent Stephen Zappala and Democrat Matt Dugan.

County Executive: Democrat Sara Innamorato and Republican Joe Rockey.

Treasurer: Democrat Erica Brusselars and Republican Herb Ohliger.