Student Leadership and Student Organization Awards celebrate students and student organizations on campus

On Tuesday, April 14, immediately following Closing Convocation, was the Student Leadership and Student Organization Awards hosted at the Athletic and Fitness Center. Members of student organizations met in the gymnasium to celebrate the nominees of several campus awards and to enjoy a dinner hosted by Parkhurst Dining Services. This annual event is intended to honor the work being done by Chatham’s clubs and organizations and to recognize the ones that stand out.

The first honor given was to the Pre-Physicians Assistant Club. They were awarded the “Big Thinking Award” for their services to the campus. Her Campus Chatham then received the “Most Spirited Student Organization” award, while the “Outstanding Community Service Program” award went to the Student Athlete Advising Committee for their work.

The winners of the the “Outstanding Diversity Program” award were the Psychology of Gender Student Research Team. The “Outstanding New Student Organization” award went to Feminist Activists Creating Equality (FACE). Also, the Creative Writing Club was awarded the “Outstanding Student Organization” award.

The Graduate Creative Excellence Award went to graduate student Dustin Felix, the Graduate Empirical Excellence Award went to Lauren Manning, and the Graduate Professional Excellence Award went to Tess Wilson.

The winner of the “Emerging Leaders Institute Recognition” award was Coordinator of Student Activities and Residence Life Emily Fidago. The Cougar Fanatic Award went to senior Catherine Giles. The Community Advocate Award was awarded to graduate student Jason Lucarelli and junior Sarah Pesi. The International Advocate Award went to senior Sarah Jugovic.

Senior Jade Lawson won the Rachel Carson Sustainability Award. Junior Meg Scanlon won the Emerging Leader Award. Senior Jenny Schollaert won the Outstanding Undergraduate Student Leader Award. The winner of the Outstanding Graduate Student Leader Award was graduate student Paul Torres. Finally, the Advisor of the Year award went to Assistant Director of Alumni Relations Dana DePasquale.

The overall feeling at the event was excitement. Students cheered loudly for their organizations and for each other.