In brief: March 17 to 24 events at Chatham University

In brief is a look ahead at some upcoming events at Chatham University

The goats at the Eden Hall Campus. Photo Credit: Maggie Kudrick

Charlotte Larson

Spring is in full swing, and some of Chatham University’s most anticipated events are just around the corner. Whether you are looking to refresh and recycle your wardrobe, hear from a notable guest speaker or decompress at Eden Hall, you definitely have something to look forward to.

Friday Fun at Eden Hall

There is a great low-pressure way to get out to Eden Hall if you have not yet had the chance. Orchard Hall residents and Shadyside dwellers alike are welcome out to the Esther Barazzone Center to enjoy dinner and various activities from 6:30 to 9:30 p.m. on Friday nights. Plant your own succulent on March 17, paint on March 24, tie-dye on March 31, have a peaceful quiet night on April 7 and celebrate the end of the academic year with a bonfire on April 14.

Rea Coffeehouse Spring Show

Don’t miss this term’s concert in the famous basement of the Julia and James Rea House. Listen to student bands, dance with your friends and maybe even paint the walls from 6:30 to 11 p.m. on March 18. 

Conversation with Cecile Richards

The Pennsylvania Center for Women and Politics (PCWP)  recently announced Cecile Richards as the 2023 Elsie Hillman Chair in Women and Politics. Hear from the former Planned Parenthood America president at 6 p.m. on March 20 in the Campbell Memorial Chapel. Students can also attend an exclusive reception with Richards in Buhl Hall at 4 p.m. on the same day.

Sustainable Fashion Fair

Come one, come all to the Mellon Board Room from 4 to 7 p.m. on March 24. Hosted by Chatham Student Power (CSP), the Sustainable Fashion Fair is sure to spruce up your style. 

Before you shop, make sure to drop off clothing donations for credits redeemable at the fair. Drop-offs take place from noon to 2 p.m. on Tuesdays in the Carriage House, from 11 to 2 p.m. on Wednesdays in the Jennie King Memorial Library entrance and from noon to 4 p.m. on Thursdays in the Carriage House. Contact CSP or visit @chathamcsp on Instagram for alternate drop-off options, questions and ways to volunteer.