Communiqué Valentine’s Day playlist picks

As we appreciate our close connections, take a look at the Communiqué’s staff picks for the best songs to listen to on Valentine’s Day. Whether with friends, family or a significant other, these tunes are perfect for celebrating the love in our lives. 

Somethin’ Stupid – Frank Sinatra

Sinatara sings of the fear in ruining a moment by declaring your love in this classic jazz song. The gentle yet strong notes of the guitar strings celebrate knowing your feelings and waiting for just the right time to communicate them. 

Softly – Clairo 

This classic indie hit falls into a relaxing melody accompanied by lyrics that reflect the being stages of a crush. Representative of the title, this soft tune is perfect for hopeless romantics this Valentine’s Day. 

Acolyte – Slaughter Beach, Dog

Singing of the love for his partner, “Acolyte” is an equally sweet and sentimental song about being eager to grow old with the person you love. While sounding rather simple, this song is delicately crafted, constructed of gentle guitar and whistling. 

Valerie – Amy Winehouse 

Originally written and recorded by the indie rock band the Zutons, “Valerie” was later joyfully covered by Amy Winehouse. Written about a lost love belonging to the Zuton’s frontman Dave McCabe, Valerie is an upbeat song about the struggle of not being able to get someone out of your mind. 

With a Little Help from my Friends – The Beatles

A forever staple of The Beatles, “With a Little Help from my Friends” cheerfully describes the simple and easier life with friends by your side. Perfect for those grateful for the more platonic connections in their life, the band sings of true perseverance and getting by with a little help from friends. 

Check out the full playlist here!