Police Blotter: Incidents reported at Chatham University Feb. 15-29

Graphic credit: Carson Gates

All information provided by Chatham University Public Safety.

Feb. 15- Officers responded to the Athletic and Fitness Center for the smell of gas. Upon arrival, it was discovered that a coach bus running outside was the cause. 

Feb. 16- An officer took a harassment report at the Police station, and a report was placed on file.

Feb. 16- Officers were alerted to an electrical condition at Pelletreau Apartments, and facilities were notified.

Feb. 16- Officers jump-started a vehicle in the Campbell Memorial Chapel parking lot.

Feb. 17- An officer responded to the Hicks Apartments to assist a student that was snow plowed in.

Feb. 19- Officers were dispatched to Woodland Hall for a broken towel dispenser. A criminal mischief report was placed on file. 

Feb. 19- Officers responded to Buhl Hall for a suspicious bag. Upon arrival, officers deemed the bag safe and contacted the owner.

Feb. 19- Officers assisted a student who was locked out at Chatham Apartments. 

Feb. 20- An Officer responded to Eden Hall to investigate a dog bite incident that occurred the day prior, and a report was placed on file.

Feb. 22- An officer took a report for a suspicious person who was seen on Feb. 20. A report was placed on file. 

Feb. 23- Officers were dispatched to Chatham Apartments for a scam report. A report was placed on file. 

Feb. 26- Officers were dispatched to Woodland Hall for damaged property. A criminal mischief report was placed on file. 

Feb. 28- Officers assisted pro staff at Fickes Hall for a wellness check. Officers and pro staff checked on the student who was found to be OK. 

Feb. 29- Officers were dispatched to Fickes Hall for a property damage report. it was discovered the property damage was accidental and a report was placed on file.

Other reports: Officers responded to two false alarms and one medical transport.