Police Blotter: Incidents reported at Chatham University, Oct. 14 – Oct. 23

Graphic Credit: Jorie Meil

Graphic Credit: Jorie Meil

3:30 p.m. Oct. 14 – Officers were dispatched to Woodland Hall and transported a student to the hospital.

1:30 a.m. Oct. 15 – Officers responded to Dilworth Hall for a loud party. Upon arrival, the party was located and shut down for the night. 

5:35 p.m. Oct. 20 – Officers were dispatched to the Chatham Apartments for a student not feeling well. The student was then transported to a local urgent care. 

10:30 p.m. Oct. 21 – Officers received a call from Linzer Apartments for the smell of gas. Upon arrival, officers noticed it was not natural gas but gasoline. A vehicle in the parking lot was found to have a small gas leak. The owner was notified and will have the problem fixed.  

1:30 a.m. Oct. 23 – Officers were dispatched to Rea Hall for an intoxicated student. Upon arrival, the student was transported to the hospital.

Other incidents – Officers responded to four traffic accidents. There were no injuries reported, and officers placed a report on file. 

Additionally, officers responded to seven alarms on Shadyside Campus, and all were deemed to be false. 

Officers also took in several lost and found items. If students lose something they can stop by or call the Rea Garage to check on a lost item. 

*Source: Chatham University Public Safety