Fall hits featuring strong female leads

Olivia Pope in ABC’s hit show “Scandal”

Women are all over the television circuit. Here are some shows to check out with strong female leads.

Scandal | ABC | Thursday, 10 p.m.

Get ready gladiators because ABC’s “Scandal” has returned for its third season, and it’s hotter than ever. Olivia Pope, played by actress Kerry Washington, is known for fixing problems for D.C.’s high society, but now she has to deal with her own scandal. The show is filled with romance, and drama. “Scandal” airs on ABC at 10 p.m.

The Mindy Project | Fox | Tuesday, 9 p.m.

mindy

The “Mindy Project” is a comedy on Fox in its second season starring comedian Mindy Kaling. Kaling plays Doctor Mindy Lahiri who struggles to balance her work and personal life with searching for the perfect guy. The show is witty and an enjoyment to watch. Tune in to Fox at 9 p.m. to watch “The Mindy Project.”

New Girl | Fox | Tuesday, 9 p.m.

“New Girl” is a quirky comedy, starring actress Zooey Deschanel as Jess. In the show’s first season Jess went through a rough breakup and decided to move into a Los Angeles loft with three single guys. Right away Jess feels a connection with Nick, a law-school drop out, who is currently bartending and feels he’s not meeting his potential.  “New Girl,” now in its third season, continues to follow the five misfit friends in their efforts to find love. “New Girl” airs on Fox, Tuesday nights at 9 p.m.

Good Wife | CBS | Sunday, 9 p.m.

“The Good Wife” Stars Julianne Margulies as Alicia Florrick. Alicia is a corporate attorney and mother of two who returns back to a life of corporate law after her husband’s public sex scandal lands him in jail. Alicia’s loyalties to her career and her family are constantly tested. “The Good Wife” is an intense drama full politics and controversy. It airs on CBS, Sunday nights at 9 p.m.

Grey’s Anatomy | ABC | Thursday, 9 p.m.

“Grey’s Anatomy” is currently in its tenth season and is full of drama. Female Lead Meredith Grey, played by Ellen Pompano, has just had her baby boy, Baily, and she struggles to balance motherhood and the chaos at Grey Sloan Memorial Hospital. Christina Yang, played by Sandra Oh, has cut ties with Chief of Surgery, Owen Hunt, and continues to perform cutting edge surgeries and continues to be Meredith’s confidant. Kalie Torres and Arizona Robbins are at a breaking point due Arizona affair. Renaissance woman Debbie Allen returns to play Jackson Avery’s strong willed mother, Dr. Catherine Avery. Check out all these leading ladies on ABC, Thursday night at 9 p.m.