Police Blotter: Incidents reported at Chatham University, Nov. 11 – Jan. 18

9:00 p.m. Nov. 11 – Officers were dispatched to the Athletic and Fitness Center for a broken pipe in the laundry room. Facilities was notified and the pipe was fixed. 

3:30 a.m. Nov. 12 – Officers were dispatched to the Pelletreau Apartments for a disturbance. Upon arrival, officers found three students arguing. The students were separated for the night. 

2:30 a.m. Nov. 13 – Officers on patrol noticed two students with flashlights looking around campus. Officers asked what the students were looking for and they said a necklace. The necklace was found by Chatham public safety soon after. 

2:15 p.m. Nov. 16 – Officers were notified of a theft at Café Rachel. The cameras were reviewed. This incident is still under investigation. 

5:15 p.m. Nov. 18 – Officers were dispatched to Eastside campus for a sick student. The student was transported to a hospital by Pittsburgh medics. 

10:15 a.m. Nov. 20 – Officers noticed a student bleeding from the head outside of Woodland Hall. The student had fallen and was then transported to a hospital by Pittsburgh medics. 

7:25 p.m. Nov. 21 – A student was hit by a car on Fifth Ave. The student had minor injuries and was transported to a hospital by Pittsburgh medics. 

3:56 p.m. Dec. 2 – Officers received a call of a suspected fire at Woodland Hall. Read more here

2:30 a.m. Dec. 5 – Officers received a call from Dilworth Hall for an intoxicated student. Upon arrival, the student was found to be fine. 

12:00 a.m. Dec. 6 – Officers received a call for a traffic crash by the Athletic and Fitness Center. A Chatham shuttle struck a van from the Ellis School. Minor damages were reported to the Pittsburgh Police. 

12:47 p.m. Dec. 10 – Officers were dispatched to the Jennie King Mellon Library parking lot for a crash report. Upon arrival, the vehicles in question had bumped each other. Officers took a report. 

6:50 p.m. Dec. 10 – Officers received a call that a student was possibly being followed by a car near the Art & Design Center. The area was checked and nothing was found. The student was escorted home by police. 

11:30 a.m. Dec. 11 – While an officer was parked and monitoring traffic in the Beatty Hall driveway, a large tree branch fell and hit  the police car, causing minor damage. 

4:05 p.m. Dec. 11 – Officers received a call for a disturbance at Pelletreau Apartments. Upon arrival, officers spoke to a student, who said he had an argument with his girlfriend who had left the scene before officers arrived. 

9:13 a.m. Dec. 29 – Officers received information that a Chatham University van was stuck in the mud at the Eden Hall campus. A tow truck was called to remove the vehicle from the mud.

8:30 p.m. Dec. 29 – Officers noticed a broken window on the side door of the Carriage House. The window was reported to Facilities and fixed. 

7:10 p.m. Jan. 18 – Officers were notified of an alarm going off in Rea House. Officers located the alarm and had it silenced.

*Source: Chatham University Public Safety