Are you ready for it… Taylor Swift club begins at Chatham

From left, members of Chatham (Taylor’s Version) Rosie Wick ’27,Tiana Eicher ’27, Cameron Berloffe ’27 and Avery Dye ’27 wear Taylor Swift merch.

Taylor Swift is one of the biggest names in the media these days. Having just been named Time Magazine’s Person of the Year, Swift doesn’t seem to be going anywhere anytime soon. In response to Swift’s exponential increase in popularity over the past year, students at Chatham University decided to form a club dedicated to the artist. The club is appropriately named Chatham (Taylor’s Version).

I had the opportunity to sit down with the club President Tiana Eicher ‘27 and Vice President Cameron Berloffe ‘27.

According to Berloffe, the pair found inspiration to create the club when they saw other colleges and universities that had a Taylor Swift club and wondered why Chatham didn’t have one. After coming up with the idea for the club, Eicher and Berloffe started the process of creating a club. Chatham (Taylor’s Version) was officially launched this term.

“I think people should join because it’s a lot of fun and we do a lot of Taylor Swift-themed activities,” Tiana Eicher said. “I would encourage anyone who likes Taylor Swift to come and join us.” 

Some Taylor Swift-themed activities that Chatham (Taylor’s Version) has held or plans to hold include an album ranking event, a dress-up party and much more. Any club member is welcome to propose ideas for club activities and bring their friend along to the events. 

The next meeting date for Chatham (Taylor’s Version) is yet to be set but will occur in the spring term. The club is still looking to establish a set date and time for their meetings.

The other officers of Chatham (Taylor’s Version) are Secretary Catie Brown ‘27, Treasurer Rosie Wick ‘27, Chari Avery Dye ‘27 and Co-chair Dani Black ‘27. 

So far, the club has accumulated two dozen members and is looking to grow even more. To get involved students can contact any of the club officers, look for posters with QR codes scattered around campus or follow their Instagram (@chatham.taylors.version). Representatives from Chatham (Taylor’s Version) will be at the next student engagement fair, which will be held on Jan.10.